Monday, January 23, 2012

Alexis Mabille's Spring/Summer 2012 Couture Will Make You Want to Sprout a Flower from Your Head

At least if you're me, that is.

Can I just say how glad I am that the couture shows are here? Time to kick off the fun fashion weeks! Men's fashion is so not as exciting.

As done to death as the whole solid-colour-face-painting thing is (see: fall's Viktor and Rolf), I like the makeup and gigantic floral head puffs in this collection. Maybe they detract from the clothes a bit, but the entire effect is dreamy and gorgeous so it's so worth it.

Anyway, once I stopped FREAKING OUT about the amazing hats, I noticed the cool cut of the blazer/dress thing on the left. It's sort of like the laid-back cousin of an eighties power suit?

Other notable looks were that killer yellow suit (I love the colour), a Glinda the good witch dress and the bold metallic frock that I really hope someone, somewhere wears to an awards show so US Weekly can hate it and I can love it.

There were a few misses in the collection, though:


It's not that these dresses are bad, but they just don't look as luxurious as couture should be. Plus, the pink dress is just a little too Legally Blonde for me to take it seriously,

No comments: