Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Caught Between Love and Hate: Lil Wayne's Teddy Bear Sneakers

Sometimes, I know that I have strong feelings about something but I don't yet know whether these are feelings of overwhelming love or overwhelming hate. Examples: Tyra Banks, "Sister Wives" (that's a lie, I love "Sister Wives"), most Usher songs. This is one of those times.

I was bewildered today, when using iTunes homeshare, to discover that my dad has a Lil Wayne song in his iTunes library that I don't own. Now, I'm not a huge Lil Wayne fan, but this worried me. Is my 56 year old father (sorry for publishing your age on the internet, Dad!) more up to date with the pop culture of today's youth than I am? Am I no longer cool? (Okay, I was never cool, but humour me here.)
But my quarter-life crisis aside (it's probably more of a fifth-of-a-life crisis thanks to modern medical advances, but I digress), the main reason that Lil Wayne is on my mind today are the Jeremy Scott x Adidas Originals by Originals shoes he wore on New Years Eve.

Weezy (that's what the kids are calling him, right?) rocking the aforementioned shoes.

(Photo from upscalehype.com)

Dudes. They're freaking TEDDY BEAR shoes.

(Photo from upscalehype.com)


LOVE:

-They are TEDDY BEARS in shoe form.

-You could wear them with a super-jazzy dress and people would be all "Nice outfit! [glancing down] Oh..."

-They're adorable. I JUST WANT TO PINCH THEIR TINY, FURRY CHEEKS.

-The muted colour palette is very Phoebe Philo (you know, if Phoebe Philo designed stuffed animal shoes).

-They're like bunny slippers, but you can wear them in public without being judged. Okay, with slightly less judgement.

HATE:

-They are TEDDY BEARS in shoe form.

-They're actually really ugly.

-The decapitated bear heads look like they're crying out for help behind the smiles.

-They're over $300. That's a lot of chedder, yo. (That's not remotely current slang, is it? I give up. MY FATHER IS MORE CULTURALLY RELEVANT THAN I AM.)

Verdict: Love. I don't care what you say, world. These are awesome.

9 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for linking me hun, I'm following you :)
Ang xxx

0 said...

Yes my dear!
Follow each other!

KISS

Ashley said...

O-jeez. I almost can't say anything bad about them because they are teddy bears and they look so cute, but I suppose you're right. They DO look like they're crying out for help. I think it has something to do with the severe arch of their neck. And if it weren't for the remote cuteness of the teddy bear, these things are really freaking ugly. But I just can't hate on them. It's a teddy bear for God's sake. I can't hate a teddy bear. I'm such a softie.

THANK YOU for your comment and for linking me! I'm linking you back, right on my handy sidebar. And in response to your changing out of your work uniform in the washroom: I used to work at a deli where I did the same exact thing. I'd walk to work at about 9 a.m. in a dress and heels, only to change into a black shirt and grungy khaki pants. At 5, I'd change back into my dress and heels, drive home, and change into pajamas. I don't understand the point, but whatever.

sbot said...

aww, those are so cute!

www.baublesandbangles.blogspot.com

-Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment! :)
Those shoes are crazy!!!

www.fashionfirstandforemost.blogspot.com

Thekla said...

the shoe is super cute:D xx


http://inablondeworld.blogspot.com/ stop by sometime honey!would love to hear form you:)x


posted 2 new outfits yesterday hope you like them:)xx

Anonymous said...

They're marmite in shoe form!
Great blog, I'm following.
I'm new too!
Amy,x

SABINNA and DAVID said...

OMG, so cool! never seen something like this :) such a cute idea these shoes!!

xx, Sabinna and David

broken-cookies.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Haha, this post really made me laugh! Ive just discovered your blog + i will definetely be following!:')x
http://molllllllllly.blogspot.com/